METEOR aims to:
- Capture patient data and record outcomes over time, showing the visualization of trends
- Help rheumatologists set goals and visually share treatment progress with patients
- Provide a central database that can be used for research and publications
- Provide anonymous data with no need for informed consent
- Enhance and simplify rheumatologist-patient relationships
"Following patients' disease activity and amending treatment accordingly leads to better outcomes. This has been shown unequivocally. Meanwhile, the METEOR database will make such follow up simple."
Josef S. Smolen, Medical University of Vienna, Austria